- Application conditions to graduate program and the quota of the program are determined and announced at the beginning of each academic year by the administrative board of Institute of Pure and Applied Sciences according to Marmara University, Graduate Education and Examination Regulations which was issued in the Official Journal on 2 February 1997.
- Doctor of Philosophy program is for the students graduated from 2-year Master of Science programs in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Students, graduated from similar engineering programs, have to attend a scientific deficiency program consisting of prerequisite courses which are determined by the department of electrical and electronics engineering. According to 37th item of the regulations mentioned above, applicants have to fulfill the scientific deficiency program within one year
- Education is in English, thus applicants have to express themselves in English fluently. Also, entrance exam is in English.
- Students of the program should pass qualifying examination within first three semesters and be successful in defending his/her academic studies pursued with the guidance of his/her supervisor against a jury which has 5 members. In Doctor of Philosophy program, students should take and complete at least seven compulsory and elective courses which are not less than 21 credits in addition to seminar and thesis courses to earn the degree of Doctor of Philosophy. Seminar and thesis courses have no credits and they are evaluated as success or failure. All the proposed courses in the Doctor of Philosophy program in electrical and electronics engineering are elective. At most three out of seven courses can be taken from other engineering departments in Institute of Pure and Applied Sciences. Names, codes and contents of the courses which are proposed in Doctor of Philosophy program in electrical and electronics engineering can be found below. Those codes, names and contents are prepared according to Marmara University, Education and Training Guide. Courses will be chosen with the guidance of the supervisor.
- Click to access curriculum of Doctoral Program.
This page updated by Electrical and Electronics Engineering on 25.05.2018 14:40:33